REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition
March 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019
The Western North Carolina Diversity Engagement Coalition (WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition) is inviting proposals from qualified individuals and organizations in Buncombe County and surrounding areas who are interested in contracting to provide professional services to support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives between March 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019.
To be considered, complete proposals must be received no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, February 16, 2018, at the following email address: email@example.com. or by completing the fields below. Questions may be directed to the same email address. Incomplete or late proposals will not be considered. As described on below, proposals must include:
· Indicate specifically if some or all of the desired services are addressed within the proposal;
· Describe expertise in the requested areas by responding to all questions; and
· Provide three professional references who can address the specific areas of expertise.
The WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to take the following action with regard to these projects and any proposals it receives:
· Award a contract for any, all, or none of the identified projects;
· Select more than one contractor for any or all of the identified projects; and/or
· Further negotiate terms and conditions with any selected contractor.
If awarded, this agreement is expected to be in effect from March 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. The agreement may be renewed in one-year increments, not to exceed three renewals. Services will be provided on a planned and/or as-needed basis. Either party may terminate the agreement with 30 days’ written notice.
About the WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition
Vision: Diversity, equity, and inclusion will be a part of the strategic mission for all entities across Western North Carolina.
Mission: The Western North Carolina Diversity Engagement Coalition (DEC) is a network of organizations dedicated to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion. The WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition brings people together to collectively support the professional development, engagement, and inclusion of multicultural people within the member organizations in Western North Carolina and to serve as a resource for organizations around best policy and practice regarding equity in the workplace.
What: Intentional networks of support, development, and practices that increase the diversity of professional and executive talent in WNC and foster work environments that realize the benefit of a fully engaged workforce. These initiatives target strategies that recruit, retain, advance and engage individuals from underrepresented communities within the coalition.
Who: With a combined workforce of over 15,000 employees, the following organizations comprise the anchor and member institutions:
· Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
· Asheville Chamber of Commerce
· Buncombe County Government
· Buncombe County Schools
· Carolina Day School
· City of Asheville
· Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC)
· McGuire Wood & Bissette
· Mission Health
· University of North Carolina at Asheville
· Warren Wilson College
· YMCA of Western North Carolina
· YWCA of Asheville
How: By building connections across agencies, we align our efforts to build a diverse and inclusive workforce, focusing resources on connecting and engaging professionals in ways that enhance opportunities for support, recruitment, training, sponsorship, and advancement.
The WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition Program Coordinator is responsible for the following outcomes:
· Communications, Marketing, and Outreach with a focus on multi-cultural individuals
· Events, Programs, and Professional Development
Communications, Marketing, and Outreach - Outreach can be done through a variety of means such as social media, informational sessions, development of print and video material, one-on-one meetings, presentations, development of materials.
· Website updates and enhancements
· Creation of flyers or marketing materials
· Posting to social media outlets such as Facebook and LinkedIn
· MailChimp and email marketing
· Working with other media outlets like the Urban News, La Voz, etc.
Events, Programs, and Professional Development:
- Event planner and coordinator for annual, regular, and special events such as a 5th-anniversary celebration in June 2018
- Program planner and coordinator for the 8-week Fall Professional Development Series and any other professional development courses
- Program planner and coordinator for Lunch & Learns (every other month) targeted at internal & external audiences.
- Program planner and coordinator for quarterly Member Meetings and Networking Socials
Overall, the Program Coordinator would be responsible for the planning and execution of programming geared towards to advancing the professional development of multi-cultural individuals in Western North Carolina, as well as promoting and creating an inclusive environment where true community and connections can be fostered. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Steering Committee’s Leadership Team, and will at times work with other contractors for content creation. The Program Coordinator will attend monthly Steering Committee meetings to provide reports and participate in planning discussions.
· Significant initiative and interpersonal skills to appropriately represent the WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition
· Project management
· Event Management
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher)
· Google Drive
· Squarespace Website Management
· Social Media
· Excellent Written and Oral Capabilities
· Calendar Management
· Excellent Customer Service
· Brand Management
· Community Engagement/Relations
· Public Relations
Please complete the following proposal section in its entirety to be considered for the project.