Mission: The Western North Carolina Diversity Engagement Coalition (DEC) is a network of organizations dedicated to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion. The WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition brings people together to collectively support the professional development, engagement, and inclusion of multicultural people within the member organizations in Western North Carolina and to serve as a resource for organizations around best policy and practice regarding equity in the workplace.
To achieve its mission, the WNC Diversity Engagement Coalition is committed to:
- Building capacity for multicultural individuals both personally and professionally through intentional networks of referral and support.
- Increasing opportunities for diverse individuals seeking employment, promotion, and advancement in Western North Carolina.
- Removing barriers to hiring and advancement for diverse individuals.
- Promoting diversity throughout the community through strategic outreach and organizational assessment.
- Expanding the number of workplaces in Western North Carolina that are genuinely inclusive: where all employees feel welcome, included, engaged, and valued for the contributions they make because of the different perspectives they bring.
The WNC DEC brings together partner companies to help create a more diverse workforce in Western North Carolina. The Coalition addresses the needs of the community by looking at professional development in a holistic way. The Professional Leadership Series will help individuals build skill sets to advance their careers. The mentoring program will help create opportunity by building a professional network. The WNC DEC invites businesses to adopt best practices for a diverse workforce and provides resources and articles for those businesses. A community is based on culture. The Asheville community and Western North Carolina offer many arts and cultural experiences. We will be adding relevant information and hosting events for the community. Please join us.
WNC DEC’s vision is to create connections, build capacity and promote diverse professionals.